HILLENBRAND COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP SERIES ANNOUNCES 2019/2020 CLASS
BATESVILLE, Ind. October 7, 2019 – Each year, the Hillenbrand Community Leadership Series (HICLS) selects 20 people to engage with other community leaders in strategic discussions focusing on continuing to build Batesville into an attractive place to live and work.
This year’s class, comprised of business and community leaders from across southeastern Indiana, is called “Building Regional Capacity,” and will focus on expanding thoughts and ideas on how to approach micro-regionalism in rural communities.
Each of the four sessions will feature discussions around different topics in support of this year’s theme, including: Why Regionalism Matters; Economic Development & Placemaking; Asset Mapping; Diversity & Inclusion. Each workshop is partnered with a strategy session during which the class will discuss issues facing the community and develop action items to help strengthen the region.
Participants selected for this year’s class live or work in the Southeast Indiana area and were chosen based on their demonstrated commitment to the community, desire to better understand and improve upon this year’s theme, and interest in future community involvement.
Introducing the HICLS Class IV:
- Danielle Becker - Safe Place
- Kelly Bulmer - United Way of Franklin County
- Emil Ekiyor - GEO Foundation
- Carla Enzinger - Batesville Tool & Die
- Curtis Gillman - Gillman Home Center
- Garrett Knollman - Transmark Logistics
- Kim Linkel - Coalition for a Drug Free Batesville
- Shelly Lunsford - Franklin County Community Foundation
- Jonathon Maple - Oldenburg Academy
- Margaret Marcy - Tyson Library Association
- Bryan Robbins - Economic Dev. Corp. of Greensburg & Decatur County
- Paul Satchwill - Batesville Community School Corporation
- John Vadeboncoeur - Community Church of Batesville & Greensburg
- Paige Borgman – Hillenbrand
- Jeff Gratz - Batesville
- Ken Gole - Hillenbrand
- Nithya Kumar - Hillenbrand
- Karen Mirick - Hillenbrand
- Valerie Talkers - Hillenbrand
- Justin Uhlman – Hillenbrand
- Brandon Wiedeman - Hillenbrand
The 2019/2020 HICLS will meet from October through July.